Mention below are a number of travel-friendly products or vendors that we or people we know have personally use on trips and cruises and for which we feel give good service or value. We don’t sell any of the goods but try to provide links for your convenience and make a small referral fee if you use them.
If any of you travelers have any recommendations, please send them to us at Info@WhiteCraneHealingJourneys.com so we can include them on our list.
Packing Guides-take your pick:
Passports & Visas:
“Please note that a valid passport is required for all air travel outside of the United States. In addition to a passport, many countries require a visa for entry. To obtain the most current entry requirements for your upcoming trip, please contact CIBTvisas for assistance.
- CBITvisas: Discounted prices for Sui Huang Tai Chi and White Crane Healing Journeys customers. The same company recommended by Holland America for their passengers. Shop around but this will be a hard one to beat. For help by phone, call 1-800-929-2428 referencing account number “103956″ so that you can get your discounted rate. Be sure to advise CBIT that you are traveling on a tour by air.
- VisaHQ: Another good choice.
- iVisas: This is a newcomer online which you will definitely want to check their prices before selecting a company to process your visa. Very Competitive. A nice feature is that they will send your visa via cost saving email.
Travel & Cancellation Insurance:
- Travel Guard: One of the lowest price insurance for single trips we have found.
- USA-Assist: A variety of plans and good prices. Especially nice if you want to get group pricing.
- Allianz: Taking more than one trip this year? They have low prices for its annual travel plan.
- Squaremouth: Compare the prices from different providers.
- Nomad Travel Insurance: Definitely take a look at their offerings. Lots of benefits specifically for independent travelers and pursuing adventure activities. The do not insure you if you are over 70 yrs. old.
SCOTTeVEST: One of my favorite items. I use their Revolution travel jackets for just about every trip we take as they have more than enough pockets that will accept your tablet, phone, ipod, camera, glasses, travel documents, magazine, maps, etc. You got to see them, they are better than a photographer’s vest. Their underwear lasts forever and is fast drying.
Clothing Arts: You’ve got to see their line of Pickpocket Proof clothing they have. Just what you need when traveling.
Red Oxx: Tough as nails. Lifetime guarantee.
In that we travel a good bit, in planning a trip, we use the firms below to do comparison shopping for the best price and availability at the time. You might want to do the same.
Ctrip.com: For anything you need when in China such as flights, hotels, etc. This is the go-to site.
if you are on a budget. We used this method on a trip to Spain where we spent a month going from one city to another. It was a very satisfactory arrangement and our average cost for two people was about US$25/night with great owners who acted as local tour guides for us.
Rental Cars and Parking: