Senior and Solo Traveler-Friendly
“Learn self-healing and longevity techniques directly from the Masters where they originated.“
Solo Women will enjoy these journeys as well as men. Solo doesn’t have to mean being alone when you travel. There will be others like you on our journeys.
There are no single supplement charges for single people if you will room with another traveler of the same sex. Every effort is made to provide a 4-star level or better (out of 5-stars) for food and accommodations for the sightseeing portion.
Some of the schools provide in-house accommodations which might not be the equivalent of a 4-star, but we deem them adequate and comfortable for the purpose of schooling where not much time will be spent in rooms. Also, it will provide a atmosphere conducive to what you are learning and the fellowship of other student where you can help each other in a group-therapy environment. This is particularly true with some of the schools in mountainous or remote locations.
We traveled to China (see Quality of Life page) in order to find the best Master instructors in self-healing medical qigong and TCM who are Government certified, highly trained, qualified, and regarded in their area of expertise. These are people who are:
- Medical professionals who have created qigong self-healing styles or who have learned directly from the creator.
- Medical professionals who have trained in medical facilities where medical qigong, TCM and other modalities were used to treat patients over many years.
- Taoist priests who have been brought up and trained in various styles of qigong since their youth and who have been ordained to teach others.
Depending on the location, schooling lessons will be held in any of the following: Chinese Temples, private school facilities, university campuses, private medical centers, hotels and conference rooms, retreats and any other similar facility based on the school’s requirements and amenities.
The sightseeing portion of the journeys will be individually-crafted as follows:
- The trips will not have mandatory shopping stops.
- Let us know what you and your companion(s) want to see and we will work up an itinerary to suit your wishes.
- Travelers will not be hurriedly herded around like sheep from place to place but have adequate time to see, take pix, and enjoy.
- We like to include enough “free” time to visit “that looks interesting” places on the fly.
- Meals will be authentic Chinese cuisine and not Westernized adaptations.
- We will explore some out-of-the-way sites and experiences where the main crowds tend to overlook.
The typical schooling curriculum for all of our journeys are set up as follows:
If you choose to participate in wellness and self-healing schooling, we have schools that can accomodate most any length and type of training you desire covering many subjects. Let us know what you want.
Normally to start, we like to suggest for your first journey, approx. 10 days of schooling entitled an “Introduction to Self-healing and Wellness” in which you will be instructed in:
- Medical Qigong exercises used for a preventative healthcare and longevity lifestyle.
- Meditation, breathing, and stress management training.
- Qi and how to control it for self-healing.
- Healing sounds.
- Diet Nutrition for health and healing.
- Traditional Chinese medicine and medicinal herbs applications.
- Taoist culture introduction.
For more information, contact Sui today .
These journeys welcome people of all ages and please note that there are light to difficult degrees of physical activity (steps, etc.). Every effort will be made to accommodate handicapped travelers. But, in China, and especially some of the ancient and historical UNESCO World Heritage Sites that make up our Journeys, many locations do not yet provide for handicapped accessibility like in the USA.
Handicapped people will have to provide their own assistant/caretaker who can help them travel as we are not able to do so at this time.